How to Protect Your Online Banking?
2 Ekim 2017
Here we have listed the most important things you should know about safe online banking.
- Make sure that you are visiting the right url of your online banking.
- Make sure that your online banking page starts from https://. It means your connection is secure and encrypted.
- Keep your browsers and software up to date with the latest versions.
It’s important to ensure your firewall, antivirus and malware apps are up-to-date, as well as your operating system.
- Don’t use shared public Wi-Fi to connect online banking websites!
Public Wi-Fi networks. are not as safe as you think. Even if they have a password, you are sharing a network with tens of other people. It means your financial data is under risk!
- Use Antivirus and Firewall tools while connecting your online banking services.
Protect yourself from malicious alerts and popups, fishing attacks, unknown toolbars in your browser and etc. Make sure there are no keyloggers running on your PC.
- Use two-factor authentication.
Two-factor authentication is the best feature that requires a bit more than just your password. It needs a password and something else, for instance, your phone number. After you enter the password, you’ll get a SMS sent to your phone as the second code to enter. Enable this feature while connecting to your internet banking services
- Don’ let the browser save your passwords.
If browser sets your password automatically, clear your browsing history after leaving your online banking website.
- Make log off/log out after you finished your online banking.
Don’t close yout browser till you clicked log out button.
- Use trusted credit card or payment methods while making online transactions – Visa, MasterCard, PayPal.
You should have an option to cancel or refund your transaction in case of fraud!
- Don’t reply to emails asking for your bank details.
- Use strong password. Besides, change your passwords regularly.
Changing passwords regularly is highly recommended - preferably at least once a month.
- Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) while connecting your internet banking website.
VPN encrypts the traffic and creates a secure connection between you and the websites you are visiting. Trustworthy VPN replaces your IP address with VPN server’s IP address. It encrypts all data you send and receive. Online shopping, banking, e-mailing becomes completely safe with the VPN . Your online banking passwords and identity details cannot be stolen anymore.
- If you are located outside the country and you are trying to access your internet banking website, banks get nervous because your IP changes. Your account can be blocked and marked as suspicious. For instanse, PayPal will block your account if you are visiting your account from another country. You need the IP address of your home country to protect yourself and avoid account blocking. A VPN allows you connecting to the server in your country. So, your account will never be blocked by your bank or payment service.
One of the best VPN solutions for safe online banking is Trust.Zone VPN service .
Trust.Zone VPN hides your real IP address, secures and encrypts your internet connection while online banking. It guarantees your anonymity while browsing over the Internet. Trust.Zone VPN doesn’t store any logs of you activity. Besides, it accepts anonymous BitCoin payments, so, no one can reveal your banking activity.
Trust.Zone VPN is available for all devices and major OS – Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux.
Prevent anyone from tracking your online banking activity – Use Trust.Zone VPN !